Landscaper / Groundskeeper / Gardener
Excellence Services, LLC
Atherton, CA 94027
$150 – $170 an hour – Full-time, Part-time
Pay : 150 to 170$ an Hour
Job type : Full time Half time
shift and schedule : 8hour shift
To apply for job scroll down
Landscaper / Groundskeeper
- Atherton, California, USA.
- Job Type: Full Time (40 hours/week), Non-Exempt/Hourly. Weekend availability required
- $150-$170/hour DOE.
- Health Insurance.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick days.
- Paid rest & meal breaks.
- Discretionary Bonus (generous).
- Regular reviews & advancement opportunities.
Excellence Services LLC is a privately owned company that provides luxury service for one HNW family exclusively. We help our client enjoy their life and encourage employee success.
Seeking a professional Landscaper / Groundskeeper with maintenance and landscaping experience to join our team on a private Atherton, CA estate. We are devoted to providing our clients with a safe, beautiful place to live and enjoy themselves. We will rely on you to keep the home and grounds in peak condition. A well-organized and detail-oriented person will be valued greatly in this position.
- Proactive planning and scheduling of work duties either on your own or with a team and management.
- Follow a to-do list and procedures as well as be proactive to create lists for property care and improvement.
- Maintain landscape and garden areas as needed by planting, trimming, fertilizing, mowing, or other activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot pipes and/or potential irrigation leaks/problems.
- Keeping outdoor living spaces, furniture, light fixtures, and equipment clean at all times.
- Power washing sidewalks, gutters, walls, patios, decks, and more.
- Assisting in inventory, organizing tool sheds and garages.
- Assisting Property Manager in supervising outside contractors and vendors.
- Perform minor fixes and maintenance with plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and painting (if qualified).
- Picking up supplies or materials from local hardware and/or landscaping stores.
- Picking up packages and package cartons – unfolding and collecting.
- Perform sanitation duties including trash sorting, removal, shredding, and trash bin cleaning.
- Responsible for pest control and removal including placing bait stations for rodents such as rats, moles, voles.
- Respond to the Property Manager and maintenance staff with a clear plan and solutions to any concerns in a timely and professional manner if needed.
- Responsible to provide clients with support and guidance on maintaining their equipment and keeping records
- Must be Fluent in English with excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate well with the property manager and maintenance staff.
- 5+ years of related professional experience working in a high-level private home or in a similar role or capacity.
- Excellent direct manager-level verbal references are required from both current and previous employers.
- Valid Driver’s License required and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Drug screen.
- Must be professional, proactive, reliable, and respect the boundaries, privacy, and confidentiality of the family.
- Ability to work in all weather and temperature conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and provide manual labor including but not limited to lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Education in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, irrigation or any similar trade is a plus.
- Knowledge of methods of landscaping and proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- Basic knowledge of ornamental horticulture and skill in the performance of a wide variety of gardening tasks.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and appropriate safety protocols.
- Must know how to operate basic power tools.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of the job.
- Ability to identify common plants, be able to identify insect or disease conditions on plants.
- Desire and ability to provide high-quality service.
- Strong attention to detail and organized, with great time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to safely operate equipment such as mowers, trimmers, edgers, pruners, chainsaws, and blowers
- Able to work in both large and confined spaces.
- Physical stamina and mobility including the ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl.
- Able to respond to requests in a timely fashion and follow through until completed.
- Can show flexibility and go the extra mile when needed to get the job done.
- Covid-19 (with booster if eligible) and Influenza vaccinations are required to be considered for this position.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Principals’ First: Always put our principals’ needs and interests first.
- Learn from mistakes: Admit mistakes upfront. Learns and grows from mistakes.
- Conscientious: Attention to detail. Finishes duties mindfully, effectively, and promptly.
- Dedication: Shows a deep commitment to the role and the company.
- Accountable: Takes ownership of tasks and completes thorough due diligence.
- Independent: Thinks and acts independently. Able to be self-taught and keep improving.
- Resilience: Never complains or shies away from work. Welcome harsh feedback and can thrive under pressure.
Keywords: Landscaping, Groundskeeping, Maintenance, Property management, Gardener, Plants, Lawn, Trees, Irrigation, Watering, Feeding, Fertilizing, Pest Control, Walkthrough.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $150.00 – $170.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atherton, CA 94027: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person